I had my nephews and nieces over for the weekend.
- I travel a lot for work, but when I am around, I spend time with my babies at my house.
I had been abroad for a couple of months, and when I returned, I picked up my nephews and nieces and took them to my house for the weekend. The kids loved playing with the temperature control device because they found it fascinating. I did not know they had messed around with the device. They changed some settings, which affected the function of the hydronic heating device. It was afternoon when the incident occurred. The quality HVAC equipment was overheating, and the safety mechanism switched off, but not before it let out a loud bang. The sound woke up the youngest child, who was taking a nap. She let out a shrill cry because she was startled by the noise. After I put her back to sleep, I got the portable space heater to provide quality heating since the furnace had shut down. I booked an appointment with the heating contractor to do the necessary furnace/heater repairs. I pondered why the unit had malfunctioned, and I was oblivious that the kids had messed with the settings on the thermostat. The furnace/heater installation had been about three years, so the system was not old. The HVAC repairman had done three furnace/heater tune-ups since then, and the system had behaved and provided quality whole home heating. I got the current system from the local HVAC business, and the HVAC provider gave us a good discount. The HVAC techs came the following day, repaired the system, and restored indoor comfort. They installed the thermostat in a higher position to avoid the kids reaching it and messing up the system.