The Heating and Air Conditioning tech who saved the family from a fire

I learn the paper this day while the Heating and Air Conditioning provider was doing my apartment’s gas furnace/heater repairs.

I was so engrossed in the story I was reading that I did not hear the Heating and Air Conditioning repairman ask if he could uninstall the temperature control component as it had malfunctioned the previous night. I also needed them to check on the portable space heating system to give whole house heating. The story I learn was about an Heating and Air Conditioning tech who saved a family from a apartment fire. From the professional’s account of the story, he had gone over to the apartment to do the annual gas furnace/heater tune-up when he noticed the hydronic heating component was leaking. There is some equipment the heating supplier needed to fix the component that he ordered from the local Heating and Air Conditioning business. As they waited for the components to be delivered, the family recounted the symptoms they had noticed before booking the appointment. The gas furnace/heater installation had occurred about a decade ago, meaning the component was pretty aged. They had a loud bang, and when the specialist evaluated, he was surprised to see the quality Heating and Air Conditioning equipment catch fire. He right away ran to the living room shouting ‘fire, fire!’ the family was shocked, they ran out of the apartment and called the fire department. The fire department came in time to save the apartment from engulfing. They called him the quality heating rescuer, an ironic name fit for that situation. I told my engineers about the story, and the people I was with and I all found it fascinating and encouraging that no a single was hurt in the fire.

click for more on heating